Thursday 24 January 2013

Apologies and Updates!

look - proof that I'm hard at work!

Hello - I'm so behind on posting, my apologies! I have a good excuse though - not only am I settling into my last semester of my MA, getting used to my last course (which is already making me look at this project differently, I'll post on that soon) and settling into my final project work, but I am also preparing a mini-Liquid Intelligence research trip to Toronto, to present some of my research on Teresa Margolles and her morgue water (which I posted about earlier) at the University of Toronto's Graduate Art History Conference. I'm quite nervous and excited! I'm also planning to stop by Vtape, a really fantastic video art archive and distribution centre in the city, where I've hoping to watch some more cool liquidy videos to discuss. I'll take some photos of my travels and write a little follow-up to the conference and the ideas that were raised in conjunction with my paper here!

Here's the poster for the conference:


I'm really looking forward to this! There's a really wide range of speakers and it looks to be an interesting assortment of talks.

And here's a link to Vtape's website - it's a fantastic organization filled with some really nice people, and they have a variety of resources available online, from a full catalogue to a research library filled with documentation on video art that spans several decades. Check them out! - http://www.vtape.org/




No comments:

Post a Comment